Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Despite all the challenges I was facing, you inspire me to take bold actions and make things happen. You are a guarantee that you are the true citizen to this country who is trying to spread awareness to have a better Lebanon in the absence of authority. I'm honored to be with the most respectful NGO in the country. One of the most incredible things that has ever happened to me is "Name of the NGO", and it will always be.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Despite all the challenges I was facing, you inspired me to take bold actions and make things happen. You are a guarantee that you are the true citizen to this country who is trying to spread awareness to have a better Lebanon in the absence of authority. I'm honored to be with the most highly regarded NGO in the country. One of the most incredible things that has ever happened to me is "Name of the NGO", and it will always be.
I'm not sure what you mean to say with the second sentence.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I'm not sure what you mean to say with the second sentence.
Despite all the challenges I was facing, you inspired me to take bold actions and make things happen. X and Z you are the true citizen to this country who is trying to spread awareness to have a better country in the absence of authority. I'm honored to be with the most highly regarded NGO in the country. One of the most incredible things that has ever happened to me is "Name of the NGO", and it will always be.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@Joj - please remember to ask us a question or make a request in your posts. Don't just post text and expect us to guess what you'd like us to do with it.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I just want you to see if the paragraph is comprehensible.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I just want you to see if the paragraph is comprehensible.
Then you need to make that clear in post #1, every time.

Reactions: Joj

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
X and Z you are the true citizen to this country who is trying to spread awareness to have a better country in the absence of authority.
Deal. Does post #3 seem to you comprehensible?
Like Tarheel, I have no idea what sentence 2 (shown above) is supposed to mean. You need to rewrite it completely.

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Despite all the challenges I was facing, you inspired me to take bold actions and achieve. X and Z, you are true citizen in a country without authority and trying your best to spread awareness. One of the most incredible things that has ever happened to me is joining "Name of the NGO", and it will always be.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What is a "true citizen"?
If it's addressed to "X and Z", who I assume are two people", it should be "citizens".
Trying their best to spread awareness of what?
In the first sentence you need something after "achieve". Achieve what?

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Despite all the challenges I was facing, you inspired me to take bold actions and achieves in things i could never done on my own. X and Z, you are true citizens in a country without authority and trying your best to spread awareness. One of the most incredible things that has ever happened to me is joining "Name of the NGO", and it will always be.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@Joj - are you reading our responses properly? I repeat:

- What is a "true citizen"?
- Spreading awareness of what?

There is now another error in sentence 1. You've omitted a word towards the end of the sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Joj If I were teaching you personally, I would expect you to take my suggestions seriously. It's not much different here on this forum. Let's look at sentence one. Say: "Despite the challenges I was facing, you inspired me to take bold actions, and I accomplished things I never could have otherwise."

I don't know what you mean by "true citizens" or "a country without authority" or "trying your best to spread awareness". Unfortunately, you seem to be married to those phrases.

(I once told a joke about the difference between persistence and stubbornness, but I can't remember it right now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.