Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I've been following an adorable, fluffy Chow Chow dog on Instagram. I like it when he's running like a bouncing ball. It's really cute! He reminds me of my grandmother's cute dog, BB. Years ago, I visited my grandmother and met this dog. That was the first time I had a close contact with an animal. I still remember the first day when I got off the bike, the dog kept sniffing me, and I was scared that he would bite me. On the next few days, I wanted to be friends with him so I played with him. We had good times. I hoped he could recognise me the next time I visited him but unfortunately he had died of heart attack.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Recently, I've been following an adorable, fluffy Chow Chow dog on Instagram. I like it when he's [STRIKE]running[/STRIKE] bouncing [around] like a [STRIKE]bouncing[/STRIKE] [rubber] ball. It's really cute! He reminds me of my grandmother's [STRIKE]cute[/STRIKE] gorgeous dog, BB. Years ago, I visited my grandmother and met [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] her dog. That was the first time I had [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] been in close contact with an animal. I still remember the [STRIKE]the first[/STRIKE] that one day when I got off [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my bike, the dog kept sniffing me no comma here and I was scared that he would bite me. [STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] Over/During the next few days, I played with him because I wanted to be friends with him. [STRIKE]so I played with him.[/STRIKE] We had good times. I hoped he [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] would recognise/remember me the next time I visited [STRIKE]him[/STRIKE] but unfortunately, by then, he had died of a heart attack.

Please see my changes above. I changed the second "cute" to "gorgeous" because "cute" was used twice in close proximity.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please see my changes above. I changed the second "cute" to "gorgeous" because "cute" was used twice in close proximity.
And some would say that's two too many — like my high school English teacher Miss Warren, who called cute "the great American virtue."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I would change we had good times to we had a good time.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would change we had good times to we had a good time.

I considered that but I left it as it was because it referred to the multiple times they played together "over the next few days".

Status
Not open for further replies.