Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My friend told me that Covid now has been considered common cold but I don't agree with them because it's quite strong to me and I still have the symptoms of it. I have some cough and feel tired suddenly. I used to recover from cold within two to three days, but this time, I've taken over two weeks. I hope I'm not going to have sequelaes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My friend told me that Covid is now has been considered to be the same as the common cold but I don't agree with them. because In my opinion, it's quite strong to me it's more serious. and I still have the symptoms of it. I have some a cough and can suddenly feel tired. suddenly. I used to (perhaps you mean "usually") recover from a cold within two to three days no comma here but, this time, I've taken over two weeks. I hope I'm not going to have sequelaes sequelae.
Note my corrections above. I had never heard of "sequelae" before and had to Google it. Note that this word is not in general use. Also, don't add an "s" to it. "Sequelae" is the plural form and the singular is "sequela" (it's Latin).

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo You could use "after effects" instead of that more exotic word.