Diary - Today, I woke up with my room filled with a floral chemical smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, I woke up with my room filled with a floral chemical smell. I suspect that the apartment below mine was undergoing refurbishing again, so the painting smell flew into my room. Fortunately, only one room had this problem. The worst time was that the smell filled three bedrooms. I needed to close all bedrooms' windows and open the kitchen's and bathroom's.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You contradict yourself. First you say only one room had that problem. In the next sentence you say the smell was in three rooms.

Try:

I needed to close all the windows in the bedroom and open the ones in the kitchen and the bathroom.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
You contradict yourself. First you say only one room had that problem. In the next sentence you say the smell was in three rooms.

Try:

I needed to close all the windows in the bedroom and open the ones in the kitchen and the bathroom.
This time was one room. I can’t remember when, maybe weeks ago or months ago, there were three rooms and that was the worst.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This time it was one room. I can’t remember when, maybe weeks ago or months ago, there were three rooms and that was the worst.
OK. That makes it clearer. You were thinking of both times when you wrote that, right?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, I woke up with to an aromatic smell of chemicals in my room filled with a floral chemical smell. I suspected that the apartment below mine was undergoing refurbishing again, so the smell of painting smell flew into spread to my room. Fortunately, only one room had this problem. The worst time encounter I had was that when the smell filled (pervaded) my three bedrooms. I needed had to close all the bedrooms' windows and open those in the kitchen's and bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.