Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
My book's title is 'We shall be one'. According to capitalization rules, I have to write 'We Shall Be One'. But I don't feel like capitalizing. Will it put off the readers if I just write 'We shall be one'?

I suggest you try to feel like it.

You don't have to capitalize: titles are the privilege of the author. But be prepared to argue with your editors. And remember that published titles are often the privilege of the publisher.

Scientific articles often have only the first word capitalized; elsewhere, the usual practice is to write everything in capitals except prepositions, conjunctions and articles.

I have no way of knowing if it will put off your readers. You know the rules. It's your choice whether you want to follow them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lower-case letters are commonly used for titles and proper nouns by writers and publishers for 'stylistic effect'.

It wouldn't surprise me to encounter a book called 'how to write good english' by hugh anchor.

Tough crowd.:cool:

Would someone explain that one to me?
:-?

Last edited:
I'm flummoxed.

Thanks, Piscean!

Very helpful!
:-D

While we're on the subject, my favourite ever Rover book: The Perils of Lion Taming by Claude Johnson.

I think that's just brilliant. :lol:

I'm here all week.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back