Does my sentence make sense using "gather my thoughts"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I was asked to write a summary of myself but it took me a while to finish it because I needed to sort out my thoughts and reflect on what I had done over the past few years. So, I am writing an email to explain why I get him back late. I was wondering if I used the phrase "gather my thoughts" correctly.

"I took a few days to gather my thoughts before writing the summary and the main points for my recommendation."

Does that make sense? Does "gather my thoughts" mean that I make an effort to sort out my thoughts and reflect on the past few years? Is there a better way to write it?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Also asked and answered here.

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.
(teechar)

theol

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Sorry, I forgot to ask another important question on another forum " Does "gather my thoughts" mean that I make an effort to sort out my thoughts and reflect on the past few years?" so I posted over here and I didn't want to edit my post there because it got answered already.

Status
Not open for further replies.