[Grammar] Does this make sense? Professional? Can it be asked in a different way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspencer

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sending out an a blast email to collect some data. Not confident in my email below. Some help please? :-|

Hello,

We are in the process of working on this year’s Holiday Card distribution list, we need your help in getting the most recent client contacts for all projects. At your earliest convenience please provide us with the needful.

What is "needful" supposed to mean?

The needed information/data. How do you recommend I complete the sentence?

I would end it with "the needed information".

With some help from the earlier posters, here goes.

Hello,

We are in the process of working on this year’s Holiday Card distribution list. We need your help in getting the most recent client contacts for all projects. At your earliest convenience please provide us with the needed information.

You can use a comma after "convenience" or leave it out. It's optional.

:)

Better to say 'compiling' the distribution list.

not a teacher

I'm sending out [strike]an[/strike] a blast email to collect some data but I'm not confident in my email below. May I have some help please? :-|

Hello,

We are in the process of working on this year’s Holiday Card distribution list and we need your help in getting the most recent client contacts for all projects. At your earliest convenience, please provide us with the [strike]needful[/strike] necessary information.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back