Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please listen to my pronunciation of "Don't worry" and let me know your opinion. pronunciation

Please make sure you write in complete sentences on the forum, and make it clear what you are asking us to do.

Your pronunciation of both words needs work. The "o" in "don't" needs to be a longer letter, as if you saying the letter "o". With "worry", the "o" should sound like the "u" in "hum/bum/tug/hug".

You can listen to fourteen native speakers from different regions pronounce "don't" HERE.
You can listen to eight native speakers from different regions pronounce "worry" HERE.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Your first effort sounded close to perfect to my ear, mohammedabo, and the second version wrong.

mohammedabo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Please make sure you write in complete sentences on the forum, and make it clear what you are asking us to do.
I recorded my question and wrote a hint of it.
Your pronunciation of both words needs work. The "o" in "don't" needs to be a longer letter, as if you saying the letter "o". With "worry", the "o" should sound like the "u" in "hum/bum/tug/hug".

I watched a video describing the sound in worry as same as in word and work.

You can listen to fourteen native speakers from different regions pronounce "don't" HERE.
yes, you right. But I prefer to make he sound too.
You can listen to eight native speakers from different regions pronounce "worry" HERE.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Status