Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Could someone help me with writing my message I wanna send some company? Never been to an english-speaking country etc. I learn English on my own so probably my grammar is completely broken. You don't have to restrain from comments about "humorous" parts. Please, have a field day with them ;-) I've removed some fragments. I've wrote this massage so I should have at writing more official letters (this is what I'm talking about, this sentence probably doesn't make any sense).

Hi

First of all I concur this message could seem to be a little odd at first. I'm writing to you regarding something that XXX maybe doesn't seem to see the point of. My message, with great probability, will find its place in a rubbish bin leaving me with no answer. If I was to be a professional translator with years of professional experience then maybe I'd have received some laconic answer of no value. As something like "For the time being, we don't see such possibility". I only ask for a chance to translate for free some XXX. Why? If I say something like "because I'm a great fan of yours" then it won't be too much original of me. The XXX means something more than just a XXX - it actually helped me, along with other things, through the low point in my life. Additionally, it was one of the XXX that let me improve a little my vocabulary. I understand that it was meant to be a collectible item and thus won't present a great prospect of being reissued even in case of continuation of the XXX. What I was about to say ("goddamned rabid fans overflowing my inbox with long-winded trash bc they can't put it short") is that I'm prepared to translate, for free, "XXX" from english to my native language - XXX. It doesn't even matter if my work will have a use or fall into limbo. In terms of 'experience', I've done a couple of amateur translations on my own, including subtitles for movies. I got interested in doing so when, at one time, I was disenchanted with quality of some texts that at times were really, really kinda wretched and then it occurred to me - "Hey I can do better.". Well, that's all. I should write something like "more info on e-mail" and the rest of usual stuff, but ... At least I've tried. Maybe I will even get a noreply message from XXX. Yay! (...) Thank you if you've read it all.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could someone help me with writing my message?

I [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to send it to [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] a company.

I have never been to an English-speaking country. [STRIKE]etc.[/STRIKE]

I am learning English on my own so [STRIKE]probably[/STRIKE] my grammar probably [STRIKE]is completely broken[/STRIKE] isn't very good.

You don't have to restrain yourself from making comments about the "humorous" parts.

Please (no comma here) have a field day with them. ;-)

I've removed some fragments.

[STRIKE]I've[/STRIKE] I wrote this message [STRIKE]so I should have at[/STRIKE] ready for writing more official letters.

(This is what I'm talking about - this sentence probably doesn't make any sense.)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Before we move on to your message, please note my corrections to the opening of your post. I have put each sentence on a separate line simply to make it easier to read.

Paul!

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Thank you for correcting the grammar. I will try not to use slang expressions. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.