Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi, everyone...
I wanted to know whether we say, 'Everyone has to die one day.' OR 'Everyone is destined to die one day.' I mean which one is correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, everyone.
I [STRIKE]wanted[/STRIKE] would like to know whether we say (no comma here) 'Everyone has to die one day' (no full stop) [STRIKE]OR[/STRIKE] or 'Everyone is destined to die one day.' [STRIKE]I mean[/STRIKE] Which one is correct?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Both sentences are grammatically correct. So are "Everyone will die one day" and "Everyone is going to die one day". Why did you think only one of your sentences was correct?

Note my corrections above. Also note that I changed your thread title. Titles should include some/all of the words/phrases you are asking us about.

xhan sid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thanks for your guidance and reply.
Look, don't you think if we say 'Everyone has to die.' it sounds awkward since 'has to' talks about obligation and necessity, while 'dying' is something that we're bound to face; i.e. it is our fate, not the obligation. That is, what I want to ask is a question about the sense of the sentence, not the grammar itself.
Look forward to your reply.

xhan sid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Look forward to your answer

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
'Everyone is destined to die one day' is a literary or poetical way of saying the same thing.

We don't say it in other situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.