Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
The task was:

IMG_20170312_153525.jpg

My article:

Exam anxiety on children in our country

The aim of this article is to examine the problems to children in Hungary. A survey has been made by our charity, the ’Young Lives Court’. I’m really concerned about the effects of exam anxiety and I’d like to share the results here. The survey was conducted on 1300 students.
The biggest problem is that almost 100% of the students feel anxious about their exams- to be precise that is 96%.
The second biggest problem is that 66% of the students can’t even sleep well during their exams. They get too anxious about how they can manage through their tests.
The survey shows us the next finding, which says that students don’t receive enough support. Basically, they don’t know how to deal with these kind of feelings by themselves. They would need emotional help from their family, but sadly they don’t get it.
A little more than half of the asked students have reported they even felt pressure from their parents. Looks like that parents push their children instead of helping them through.
Exactly half of the students said they skipped meals due to the stress they have. Personally, I believe that it is crucial that young people get food regularly.
Finally, only 14% of them drink alcohol to relieve stress. Although it is known that alcohol would help them to relax and forget for a while, they are too young to know this fact.
Question arises when you look at all these facts. Does it worth it? Ruining our children’s life when they are at school – as far as I am concerned – is a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Student Exam Anxiety [STRIKE]on children[/STRIKE] in our Country

[STRIKE]The aim of[/STRIKE] This article [STRIKE]is to[/STRIKE] examines the problems [STRIKE]to children[/STRIKE] students in Hungary face as a result of exam-induced anxiety. The report is based on a recent survey [STRIKE]has been made[/STRIKE] conducted by our charity, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Young Lives Court. [STRIKE]I’m really concerned about the effects of exam anxiety and I’d like to share the results here.[/STRIKE] As will be outlined below, some of the results are quite concerning. The survey was conducted on 1,300 students.
The [STRIKE]biggest problem[/STRIKE] most obvious finding is that almost 100% of the [STRIKE]students[/STRIKE] respondents reported feeling anxious about their exams- 96% to be precise. [STRIKE]that is 96%.[/STRIKE]

The second [STRIKE]biggest problem[/STRIKE] major point is that 66% of the students who participated in the survey [STRIKE]can’t[/STRIKE] couldn't even sleep well during their exams. They got too anxious about how they [STRIKE]can manage[/STRIKE] could get through them. [STRIKE]their tests.[/STRIKE]

The survey also shows [STRIKE]us the next finding, which says[/STRIKE] that students [STRIKE]don’t[/STRIKE] didn't feel they received enough support. Basically, they [STRIKE]don’t[/STRIKE] didn't know how to deal with these kinds of stress issues on their own. [STRIKE]feelings by themselves.[/STRIKE] They [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] may need emotional help from their family, but sadly they don’t get it.

A little more than half of the [STRIKE]asked[/STRIKE] students asked [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] reported they even felt pressure from their parents. [STRIKE]Looks like[/STRIKE] It would appear that parents push their children instead of helping them through such difficulties.

Exactly half of the students said they skipped meals due to the stress they had as a result of exams. [STRIKE]have.[/STRIKE] Personally, I believe that it is crucial that young people get proper nutrition. [STRIKE]food regularly.[/STRIKE]

Finally, only 14% of [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] those surveyed reported drinking alcohol to relieve stress. Although [STRIKE]it is known[/STRIKE] they may think that alcohol [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] can help them to relax and forget for a while, they are too young to be consuming it. [STRIKE]know this fact.[/STRIKE]

Question arises when you look at all these facts. Does it worth it? Ruining our children’s life when they are at school – as far as I am concerned – is a bad idea.
That concluding remark is not suitable. Just restate the fact that exams cause stress, and offer a suggestion if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back