Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hello.

Is it correct to write father's first initial and grandpafather's first initial leaving only your first and family name?

For example, John W, A, Smith.

"W" refers to the father's name. "A" refers to grandfather's name.

Someone might raise a question of why you write your full name. It's common where I live to mention your full name when submitting a MA , a phD or even a research paper.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Is it correct to write the father's first initial and the grandfather's first initial, leaving only your first and family names?
For example, John W, A, Smith.
In the Western world, those initials do not stand for the father's and grandfather's names. They stand for a person's second and third (personal) names, or for part of their compound surname.
For example, look up Dwight D. Eisenhower or George H. W. Bush.
Having said that, if you want your name to include the initials of your father and grandfather, then I see no reason why you can't.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
In the Western world, those initials do not stand for the father's and grandfather's names. They stand for a person's second and third (personal) names, or for part of their compound surname.
For example, look up Dwight D. Eisenhower or George H. W. Bush.
Having said that, if you want your name to include the initials of your father and grandfather, then I see no reason why you can't.

Thank you @teechar

Should I use comma or period after the father's name and the grandfather's name?

1. John W, A, Smith

2. John W. A. Smith