Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Films replacing books​

Do you think that replacing books by films is a good idea? Nowadays, people prefer watching films and movies instead of reading books. But, are all people really like that?

Because of modern technology, nowadays, stories are being made into films which can have graphics or can also be made into animations with sound effects which, and in fact, attract people's attention, driving them away from reading books.

Moreover, unlike books which can take several days or even weeks for people to finish reading them, films and movies are much convenient as they take a maximum of 2-3 hours to be over which is another advantage of films. In addition to that, people prefer watching action which happens lively than reading it from a book. For example, for emotions like crying, be it animation or real life, people are definitely more moved.

However, although people often enjoy watching films rather than reading a book which takes more effort and is regarded as 'boring', there are some who actually enjoy reading books stating that by reading a book their minds become more active as they have to use much of their imagination.

To put it in another way, I think that number of people preferring films outweigh those who enjoy reading books. But, after all, each person thinks differently. Be it reading a book or watching films, people just have to enjoy what they do!

Please check this article
I tried to write another one but I still think my writing skills is not good enough. Any advice for me??
:-(

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Do you think that replacing books by films is a good idea? Nowadays, people prefer watching films and movies instead of reading books. But, are all people really like that?
Where did you get that essay question? It doesn't sound natural.

suzihasan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
This is not an essay question!. This an IGCSE article and I wrote this introduction

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]Because of modern technology,[/STRIKE] Nowadays, an increasing number of stories are being made into films, and more and more people seem to prefer to watch the film than read the original story book. [STRIKE]which can have graphics or can also be made into animations with sound effects which, and in fact, attract people's attention, driving them away from reading books.[/STRIKE]

Moreover, unlike books which can take several days or even weeks for people to finish reading, [STRIKE]them,[/STRIKE] films [STRIKE]and movies[/STRIKE] are much more convenient as they're only usually [STRIKE]take a maximum of[/STRIKE] 1-2 hours long [STRIKE]to be over[/STRIKE] which is another advantage in today's fast-paced and busy modern lifestyle. [STRIKE]of films.[/STRIKE] In addition to that, people prefer watching [STRIKE]action which happens lively[/STRIKE] something on the screen than reading it [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] in a book. For example, for emotions like crying, be it in cartoon animation or actual films, [STRIKE]real life,[/STRIKE] people are definitely more moved by images than by text.

However, although people often enjoy watching films rather than reading a book which takes more effort and is sometimes regarded as tedious, [STRIKE]'boring',[/STRIKE] there are some who actually enjoy reading books, stating that by reading a book their minds become more active as they have to use [STRIKE]much of[/STRIKE] their imagination when thinking about the story.

[STRIKE]To put it in another way,[/STRIKE] I think that the number of people preferring films outweigh those who enjoy reading books. [STRIKE]But, after all,[/STRIKE] However, each person thinks differently, so it's a matter of individual preference. [STRIKE]Be it reading a book or watching films, people just have to enjoy what they do![/STRIKE]

Please check this article.
I tried to write another one, but I still think my writing skills [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are not good enough. Any advice for me?
:-(
I think you're improving. Practise more.

Status
Not open for further replies.