government surplus machinery? what's mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodonaomik

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The sale of government surplus machinery will begin at 9 a.m. and continue as long as the supply lasts.

Question: what's "government surplus machinery"? I cannot understand it. If it denotes some machines, I feel strange; If
it denotes some administrative agencies, I feel unimaginable, so... ...it puzzled me.
Thanks!

'Government surplus' is goods or property that the government has an excess of, or has seized, for any number of reasons (illegally gotten goods, non-payment of taxes, etc.) In this case it is machinery that will be sold, probably at auction.

The sale of government surplus machinery will begin at 9 a.m. and continue as long as the supply lasts.

Question: what's "government surplus machinery"? I cannot understand it. If it denotes some machines, I feel strange; If
it denotes some administrative agencies, I feel unimaginable, so... ...it puzzled me.
Thanks!
I'd say it means "surplus government equipment" - old computers and desks, etc.

'Government surplus' is goods or property that the government has an excess of, or has seized, for any number of reasons (illegally gotten goods, non-payment of taxes, etc.) In this case it is machinery that will be sold, probably at auction.
Yes! It's too unimaginable in China.
Of course, many many illegally gotten goods absolutely exist in Chinese goverment, but I guess these goods have been disposed of in a sneaky way;-) or in soundless and stirless.

I'd say it means "surplus government equipment" - old computers and desks, etc.
:roll:Oh, my God! Now I can understand it.
Originally I feel shocked that why the governments have so many tractors,robots or numerical control lathes:-o to sell at action. In China, maybe no one have seen the sale of surplus government equipments.
Hehe~~~ ~~~it sounds really unimaginable in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back