Happy to see my children friend after ten years of graduation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
In some posts on social media, I saw people omitting the subjects and pronouns from the beginning of the sentences,such as the following examples

1-Happy to see my children friend after ten years of graduation. (As one can see there is no subject in the beginning)

2 Honoured and privileged to meet Prince xxxx in Paris.( There is no subject in the beginning)

I wonder are these sentences fragments
( incorrect) or they are grammatical?

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In informal writing it's OK. The subject (I or we) is understood. Just like in an imperative (go home!) the "you" is understood.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In some posts on social media, I saw have seen people omitting the subjects and pronouns from the beginning of the sentences no comma here such as the following: examples

1. Happy to see my children friend after ten years of graduation. (As one can see, there is no subject in at the beginning.)

2. Honoured and privileged to meet Prince xxxx in Paris. space here (There is no subject in at the beginning.)

I wonder Are these sentences fragments (incorrect) or they are they grammatical?
Please note my changes above.

Here's a very important thing to remember: on social media, very little notice is taken of grammatical rules! Anything goes! Technically, they're all ungrammatical but they're all entirely understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.