Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi All,

I am writing an email to HR to postpone my interview. Can I use the word commitment as follows or do you recommend something else:

I wonder if we can make the interview this week or early next week. I have just checked and found that I have some commitments on Tuesday.

Note: I mean that I am busy this day.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all.

I am writing an email to HR to ask if I can postpone my interview. Can I use the word "commitment" [STRIKE]as follows[/STRIKE] in the following sentence or [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] would you recommend something else?

[STRIKE]I wonder if we can[/STRIKE] Is it possible to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] rearrange the interview to this week or early next week? [STRIKE]I have just checked and found that[/STRIKE] Unfortunately, I [STRIKE]have some commitments[/STRIKE] am unable to attend on Tuesday.

Note: I mean that I am busy [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] that day.

Note my corrections above. There is no need to explain that you're busy or have commitments. Simply tell them you can't make Tuesday. Bear in mind that if a lot of people are being interviewed for the position, it might not be possible for them to reschedule. I can't believe that after your multiple emails begging for a job/an interview, you're telling them that you can't make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.