Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Last night in a local English club, a group of friends talked about keeping pets. Rui told us that she has two cats. I asked her to lend me one after she showed the pictures of her. She turned me down. She also said that cats have strong sense of domain, her cats would attack her guest (who visit her) if the guest goes to the cat's, say, nest.

That reminds me of something I read in Chinese:

Some animals and birds have strong sense of domain; they mark out areas which they defend against others.

Is the translation (the italic sentence) natural?

Last night in at a local English club, a group of friends talked were talking about keeping pets. Rui told us that she has two cats. I asked her to lend me one after she showed the pictures of her but she turned me down. She also said that cats have a strong sense of domain territory; her cats would attack her any guest (who visit her) visitor if the guest goes they went to near the cat's area. , say, nest.

That reminds reminded me of something I read in Chinese:

Some animals and birds have a strong sense of domain territory; they mark out areas which they and defend them. against others.

Is the translation (the italic sentence) natural?
See above. We can say that cats are territorial.

You asked to borrow a cat? :unsure:

You're just going to what - pet it a bit and return it?

You asked to borrow a cat? :unsure:

You're just going to what - pet it a bit and return it?
I was "half-kidding" and "half-serious", teacher Skrej. I am a cat person. I used to have a cat. I thought one of Rui's cats was cute (She showed us the picture) and I asked her to lend it to me. I told her that I saw mice in my house and it was true.

I was half kidding and half serious, teacher Skrej. I am a cat person. I used to have a cat. I thought one of Rui's cats was cute (she showed us the a picture) and I asked her to lend it to me. I told her that I saw had seen mice in my house and it was true.
See above. Note that there was no need for quotation marks or hyphens in the part after "I was".

I was "half-kidding" and "half-serious", teacher Skrej. I am a cat person. I used to have a cat. I thought one of Rui's cats was cute (She showed us the picture) and I asked her to lend it to me. I told her that I saw mice in my house and it was true.

Ah, okay. Sounds like the premise for a romantic comedy, although those usually involve dogs. :ROFLMAO:

Back