Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"He began to do his routine activities as if he were in a trance. Going to the closet, Jeff took out an old red shirt and black sports pants. His face changed when he didn't find his favorite shoes, begining a desperate search for his entire room."

Thanks.

The spelling is wrong, but how about something like sparking?

You have one spelling mistake and one incorrect preposition—underlined below.

His face changed when he didn't find his favorite shoes, begining a desperate search for his entire room."
(Cross-posted)

Dear Tdol and Rover_KE

Thanks for your help.

This is my new attemp:

"He began to do his routine activities as if he were in a trance. Going to the closet, Jeff took out an old red shirt and black sports pants. His face changed when he didn't find his favorite shoes, sparking a desperate search inside his entire room."

This is my new attempt:

"He began to do his routine activities as if he were in a trance. Going to the closet, Jeff took out an old red shirt and black sports pants. His face changed when he didn't find his favorite shoes, sparking a desperate search inside his entire room."
You want "of", not ​inside.

I'd start, "He began his routine activities ..."

I'm a bit confused as to what his routine activities actually are. It seems, from this, that they consist solely of going to a cupboard and removing an old red shirt and a pair of black trousers. Is that really it?

Could you not start with "He started getting dressed, as if in a trance"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back