He was "wearing" or "putting on" his clothes means he was getting ready he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
He was "wearing" or "putting on" his clothes means he was getting ready he didn't.

He was "wearing" or "putting on" his clothes. That means he was getting ready he didn't have his cloths fully on he was "half way through" putting them on. But when I saw him in the party he was wearing those clothes.

Please guide me and please check my sentences as well.

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: He was "wearing" or "putting on" his clothes means he was getting ready he didn't

I have deleted your question about braces. You have been told more than once to ask one only question per thread.

Please edit your post to correct your careless spelling mistakes and rephrase the one beginning 'Means'.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: He was "wearing" or "putting on" his clothes means he was getting ready he didn't

He was "wearing" or "putting on" his clothes. That means he was getting ready. He didn't have his clothes fully on. He was half-way through (no quotation marks) putting them on. But when I saw him at the party he was wearing those clothes.

Please guide me, and please check my sentences, as well.

If you are wearing clothes, you are fully dressed. In you are not wearing clothes, you are fully undressed. If you are putting clothes on, you have begun getting into them but are not fully dressed yet. If you are taking clothes off, you have begun getting out of them but are not fully undressed yet.

- wearing clothes = fully dressed
- not wearing clothes = fully undressed
- putting on clothes = getting dressed but not fully dressed yet
- taking off clothes = getting undressed but not fully undressed yet

Does that answer your question?

Other business:

- Cloth is fabric. Clothes are made of cloth.

- Always separate all your sentences with periods, question marks, or exclamation points. When you don't do that, the sentences are incorrect and hard for us to understand.

- Use quotation marks to show what someone said.

Status
Not open for further replies.