Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm having a hard time rewriting a sentence. I have finished my essay and my teacher gave it back so we could rewrite it and get a better score. so the sentence i need help rewriting is, "I will give you examples of puritans work ethic and compare it with today's society." My english teacher said to reword the sentence without using I, im having a hard time so i was wondering if anyone could help! Thanks!:)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Examples of puritan's work ethics compared to those of today's society will follow. (You give the examples in the subsequent paragraphs)

not a teacher

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm having a hard time rewriting a sentence. I have finished my essay and my teacher gave it back so [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] I could rewrite it and get a better score. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] The sentence I need help rewriting is, "I will give you examples of puritans' work ethic and compare it with today's society." My English teacher said to reword the sentence without using "I" but [STRIKE]im[/STRIKE] I'm having a hard time so I was wondering if anyone could help. [STRIKE]Thanks![/STRIKE] Unnecessary. :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Note that we don't normally help at all with homework but as you have already had this marked once, I'm prepared to give you just one bit of help. My suggestion is "Here are some examples of ..."

Please note my corrections to your post in red. It is important to capitalise the first word of every sentence, the word "I" at all times and proper nouns (ie English).

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"I will give you examples"

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Angelique:

My teachers told me NOT to announce what I was going to do. They told me to simply do it.

So maybe your sentence could be something like:

"The work ethic of the Puritans was very different from today's. For example, the Puritans XXXXX. Today, however, people XXXXX."

James

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.