Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Japan
There's the rub - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
there's the rub
here is the difficulty You can't get a job unless you have experience. And there's the rub – how do you get experience if you can't get a job?
Usage notes: also appears as here's the rub and that's the rub: The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.

The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but there's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but that's the rub – there's no market for the products.

I see no problem with the first and second sentences. Do you think there are any?
I think that the third sentence is correct if the "that's the rub" and the "there's no market for the products" are switched. Correct?

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There's the rub - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
there's the rub
here is the difficulty You can't get a job unless you have experience. And there's the rub – how do you get experience if you can't get a job?
Usage notes: also appears as here's the rub and that's the rub: The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.

The factory is ready to go, but here's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but there's the rub – there's no market for the products.
The factory is ready to go, but that's the rub – there's no market for the products.

I see no problem with the first and second sentences. Do you think there are any?
I think that the third sentence is correct if the "that's the rub" and the "there's no market for the products" are switched. Correct?

Agree.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.