Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this idiom common these days?

Are these okay?

1. He hitched his wagon to the right people and rose up the ranks of the organization. He's now the vice president.

2. He hitched his wagon to the wrong people so his career as a politician went down the drain soon.

3. She hitched her wagon to the prime minister but when he resigned after the scandal, her company went bust.

4. She's one crafty fox. She hitched her wagon to John and worked her way to the top, but she threw him under the bus when she longer needed him.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Alpacinou, I've asked you several times recently to stop bumping your threads. This time, in an attempt to bump, you hit "Report" instead of "Reply", sending an alert to all the moderators! I sincerely hope it was an accident and not an attempt to draw attention to your thread.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Alpacinou, I've asked you several times recently to stop bumping your threads. This time, in an attempt to bump, you hit "Report" instead of "Reply", sending an alert to all the moderators! I sincerely hope it was an accident and not an attempt to draw attention to your thread.
One of the moderators once told me if your thread doesn't receive an answer you can hit the report button.

I just want to make sure those four sentences are okay.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
One of the moderators once told me if your thread doesn't receive an answer you can hit the report button.
None of the current mods would ever have told you that. It's possible that an ex-mod might have mistakenly told you that but they were wrong. The report button is to be used solely to draw mods' attention to unacceptable behaviour or offensive content/language; nothing else.

Please keep in mind that we are all volunteers, doing this in our own time. When we have something to say and have the time to say it, we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.