Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I saw a photo of an English club posted in an online group about their Sunday's Cafe today and in the photo, I saw my friend. He's also the host of our English club.

If I want to ask him the feeling of attending that English club, I know it's natural to say "How did you feel?". But besides this, can I ask something else with the same meaning?

I think "What did you learn from the experience" sounds a bit off-topic. May I have your opinion?

How about "What do you think of their English club?" Is my italic question natural in my context?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I saw a photo of an English club posted [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] by an online group about their Sunday [STRIKE]'s Cafe[/STRIKE] meeting [STRIKE]today[/STRIKE] and in the photo, I saw my friend. He's also the host of our English club.

If I want to ask him [STRIKE]the feeling of[/STRIKE] how he felt about attending that English club, I know it's natural to say "How did you feel?".
No, that does not sound natural.

But [STRIKE]besides this, can I ask something else with[/STRIKE] is there another way of asking the same question? [STRIKE]meaning?[/STRIKE]
Try:
Did you enjoy being at that English club?
or
What's that English club like?

I think "What did you learn from the experience?" sounds a bit off-topic. [STRIKE]May I have[/STRIKE] What's your opinion?
Don't use that. It sounds like something a boss would ask a worker.

How about "What do you think of their English club?" Is my italic question natural in my context?
Yes, that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.