Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello.
Should 'the way' be replaced with 'how' in my sentence?
'She is a young teacher but quite experienced now. Her new students like the way she teaches. She often invites her friends to her lessons.'

Last edited by a moderator:
I've closed this thread because its title lacked required punctuation. Quoted text such as words that you're asking about must always be surrounded with quotation marks.

I edited the title to show how it should have been written. It originally looked like this:

How or the way?

Last edited:
No. You will run across "how" in such expressions, but to me it is just a sign of poor English. Stick with "the way".

Either one works and both are used.

Or her style of teaching/teaching

No. You will run across "how" in such expressions, but to me it is just a sign of poor English. Stick with "the way".

If I don't use 'the way' and use 'Her new students like her teaching' meaning 'the way she teaches' would it be correct?

It's grammatically correct but its meaning might differ. If students like her teaching they may like what she teaches rather than her way of teaching it.

Last edited:
If I don't use 'the way' and use 'Her new students like her teaching' meaning 'the way she teaches' would it be correct?

I would understand it to mean her method or "way" and depending on further or preceding context could include content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back