However, it has planned to address the problems by filling the defects gaps in the future.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Hello

If the educational system fails to come grips with preparing students for the labor market, and the it can't come up with solutions currently, However, it has planned to address the problems by filling the defects gaps in the future.

Can I say to "fill the defects' gaps" to mean that the ministry of education is determined to solve the incessant current problems?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

If the educational system fails to come grips with preparing students for the labor market, and the it can't come up with solutions currently, However, it has planned to address the problems by filling the defects gaps in the future.

Can I say to "fill the defects' gaps" to mean that the ministry of education is determined to solve the incessant current problems?
Both the underlined parts make no sense. Please explain what you mean.
Why did you use an apostrophe after "defects" in your final question but not in the main text?

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Both the underlined parts make no sense. Please explain what you mean.
Why did you use an apostrophe after "defects" in your final question but not in the main text?

It means that the educational system can't deal with problems and provide immediate solutions to the current problems, but the educational system has a promising plan to address the problems in the future.

"It" refers to the educational system.

I was going to use quotation mark to "fill the defects gaps" I mistakenly added an apostrophe.

Is the usage of "fill the defects gaps" correct and clear to mean the the educational system is to address the problems in the future?

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Fill the defects gap" is modern bureaucratic gobbledygook.

A plan to "fix the stuff later" is not really a plan.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
"Fill the defects gap" is modern bureaucratic gobbledygook.

A plan to "fix the stuff later" is not really a plan.

Any plan takes time and effort to happen.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
"Filling the gap" seems to me like a short-term, ad-hoc, stop-gap measure, plugging the holes where leaks appear.