Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Kid: I am going to poo poo.
Adult: I am going to "?".

I know the polite way to say is "I am going to toilet.", but how to say more specific if you are going to make a sh*t?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid: I am going to poo poo.
Adult: I am going to "?".

I know the polite way to say is "I am going to toilet.", but how to say more specific if you are going to make a shit?
Do you mean 'taking a bowl'? There is a comon phrase about it which is 'take a bowl'. so you can use 'I want to take a bowl' or I am going to take a bowl'. Thank you

Do you mean 'taking a bowl'? There is a comon phrase about it which is 'take a bowl'. so you can use 'I want to take a bowl' or I am going to take a bowl'. Thank you

Is "take a bowl" or "take a bowel"?

I haven't heard either of those. In many families, kids say "poo poo" or "number 2" (number 1 being peeing).

An adult would not normally announce their intention to others. If one was forced to and wanted to remain as polite as possible (perhaps to a nurse if one was stuck in a hospital bed), one would say something like "I have to move my bowels."

if you are going to make a sh-t?

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Jasonree:

May I most respectfully remind you that the S-word is still very vulgar among many people here in the United States.

If you used this word on a regular basis, it would hurt your chances of success in the business world.

(If you have to use this word, people usually say "take a ----.")

James

I have never heard any of these used. SoothingDave's suggestion would work in a medical context. Outside of something like this, I wouldn't need to let people know beyond saying that I am going to the bathroom.

I wouldn't need to let people know beyond saying that I am going to the bathroom.

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

I am looking at a comic strip in today's paper.

A weary wife asks her husband to look after their infant child while "I use the bathroom."

After a decent interval, the husband goes to the bathroom, opens the door and says, "You said you were just going to use the bathroom!"

His wife -- who is TAKING A BUBBLE BATH, READING A BOOK, AND ENJOYING A GLASS OF SOME BEVERAGE -- replies, "I didn't say what for!"

Source: "Baby Blues" comic strip by Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman, October 11, 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back