Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
My children, Amy and Andrea, who are currently studying in grade 8 at your school.
This is in a request for a bona-fide certificate for changing of address in their national ID.
I kindly request that you consider my request and issue a bona-fide certificate in their name at the earliest,
I have attached a copy of my children’s school ID as proof for your ready reference.
Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

I am writing this application request you to provide a bona-fide certificate on behalf of my children, Amy and Andrea, who are currently studying in grade 8 at your school.
They need a bona-fide certificate for changing of address in their national ID.
Therefore, I kindly request that you consider my request and issue a bona-fide certificate in their name at the earliest,
I have attached a copy of my children’s school ID as proof for your ready reference.
Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Please tell me which version is grammatically correct and more natural one?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My children, Amy and Andrea, who are currently studying in grade 8 at your school.
This is in a request for a bonafide certificate for changing in order to change of the address in on their national ID documents.
I kindly request that you consider my request and Please issue a bonafide certificate in their names at the your earliest convenience.
I have attached a copy of my children’s school IDs. as proof for your ready reference.
Thank you. in advance for your kind consideration.

It's not really a question of which one is grammatically correct and/or more natural. Both contained grammatical errors. I've made changes to the first one to improve it. However, I have a couple of questions:

1. What's a "bonafide certificate"? (I know what "bonafide" means.)
2. Why do you need a certificate from the school in order to change the home address on their ID documents? What does the school have to do with it?

PRD2021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you for your kind help.

We have recently relocated to a new city, and we need to provide address proof in order to change the address on their ID documents.
My children moved to the new school in the city. For a student, it is a certificate of evidence showcasing that my children belong to a particular educational institude.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your kind help.

We have recently relocated to a new city, and we need to provide proof of address proof in order to change the address on their ID documents.
My children moved to the a new school in the city. For a student, it is a certificate of evidence showcasing showing that my children belong to attend a particular educational institute.

The last sentence isn't clear. What do you mean by "For a student"? I still don't understand how showing that they attend a particular school provides evidence of their home address.

PRD2021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The last sentence isn't clear. What do you mean by "For a student"? I still don't understand how showing that they attend a particular school provides evidence of their home address.

As instructed, we should submit the copy of the tax receipt along with a bonafide certificate. They will not change the address without submitting a tax bill or other valid document as a proof of residence. I understand that the bonafife certificate is not considered as proof of residence, but for the student, we have to submit the bonafide certificate along with any valid document (copy of utility bill or a tax receipt).

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Don't say 'a bonafide certificate'. To me it suggests you think the school is likely to issue a fake certificate.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I suspect "bonafide certificate" is a fixed phrase in Indian bureacratese. If I'm right about that, it MUST be used. It's use would be a cultural imperative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5jj
Status
Not open for further replies.