Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
"I got this amazing review from a student after the tutoring session. Thanks for the compliments! So touching!"

Would you please check my sentences?

P.S.: I am a tutor and after each session, a form is sent to the students to give tutors rate and comments about the session.

"I got this amazing review from a student after the tutoring session. Thanks for the compliments! So touching!"

Those sentences don't go together.

Would you please check my sentences?

P.S.: I am a tutor and after each session, a form is given to the students so they can rate the tutors and make comments about the session.

How are you doing?
:hi:

I am good. Thanks :)
Those sentences don't go together.
How should I re-write them?

Perhaps:

I got this amazing review from a student after the tutoring session. It was highly complimentary. I was very touched.

Unless the tutoring session was mentioned before, I would say "a tutoring session".

I assumed she was talking about one tutoring session in particular, probably the most recent one.

Pink_Flower can tell me if I'm right.

Yes. She is. I got the review today. We've had some sessions though.

No. This was the last one. :lol: Thanks God :)

Does the "review" in that context mean the same as "feedback"?

I got amazing feedback from a student ...

I would expect to see "review" for something like a product, a film or a theatre performance. I would expect "testimonial" or similar for a private company. In the context of this thread, I think "feedback" is the most appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back