Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
I have sent you an invite link for the meeting or I have sent you an invitation link for the meeting?

I have not seen your invite for the meeting or I have not seen your invitation for the meeting?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am not sure what an "invite link" is, but I think it's okay.

Isn't the email enough of an invitation?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Are the following sentences grammatically correct?
I have sent you an invite link for the meeting. or
2. I have sent you an invitation link for the meeting.
I have not seen your invite for the meeting. or
4. I have not seen your invitation for the meeting?
Please note my improved layout for your post. You failed to actually ask us a question or make a request in post #1. You must make it clear what you would like us to do. Whenever you give us more than one sentence to consider, number them.

I don't find any of them natural. For 1 and 2, I'd say "I've sent you a link to [join] the meeting" or "I've sent you an invitation to the meeting. The link is in my email". For 3 and 4, I'd say "I don't think I've received the link to the meeting".

I assume you're talking about an online meeting, such as on Zoom, where you need to send the link to all the participants in advance. Am I right?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If the message is in an email it would make sense to send the link in the email. That way you know they've got it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If the message is in an email it would make sense to send the link in the email. That way you know they've got it.
Only if that works. For over a year during you-know-what, our choir had to rehearse over Zoom. Two of our members were unable to join a meeting if someone included the link in a personal email. They could only get in if someone sent the link direct from the Zoom website.

Status
Not open for further replies.