Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
Could you please check this context?

I like watching movies, and I usually feel in the mood for them and feel like going to the cinema. Especially, when I am feeling a little down. This can help me to take my mind off any worries or concerns that I have. On Thursdays, the price of ticket costs half, and because I go to the movies three to fours time a month, I prefer to go on Thursdays. I mean, It is economical. Sometimes I go along with my friends or sisters, but I often go alone, because they are not as interested in seeing movies as I am. It also depends on what kind of mood they are in. They often are not in no mood for movies. However, I enjoy going alone to the cinema and watching movies while eating popcorn. After movie, I often treat myself to a delicious dish in a restaurant or a coffee in a coffee shop.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you please check this [STRIKE]context[/STRIKE] paragraph? (You need to check the definition of "context".)

I like [STRIKE]watching[/STRIKE] movies, and I am usually [STRIKE]feel[/STRIKE] in the mood for watching them at home [STRIKE]and feel like[/STRIKE] or going to the cinema, especially (no comma here) when I am feeling a little down.

This can help [STRIKE]me to[/STRIKE] take my mind off any worries or concerns. [STRIKE]that I have.[/STRIKE]

On Thursdays, [STRIKE]the price of ticket costs[/STRIKE] I can get half-price cinema tickets (no comma here) and, because I go to the movies three to [STRIKE]fours[/STRIKE] four times a month, I prefer to go on Thursdays (no full stop here) [STRIKE]I mean,[/STRIKE] because it is [STRIKE]economical[/STRIKE] good value.

Sometimes I go [STRIKE]along[/STRIKE] with my friends or my sisters, but I often go alone (no comma here) because they are not as interested in seeing movies as I am.

It also depends on what kind of mood they are in.
They often are not in [STRIKE]no[/STRIKE] the mood for movies.
(Choose one of those sentences and delete the other. You don't need both.)

However, I enjoy going [STRIKE]alone[/STRIKE] to the cinema alone and eating popcorn while watching [STRIKE]movies[/STRIKE] a movie. [STRIKE]while eating popcorn.[/STRIKE]

After a movie, I often treat myself to [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] something delicious [STRIKE]dish[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at a local restaurant or [STRIKE]a coffee in a[/STRIKE] coffee shop.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.