Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have a 17-year-old student. She had learned English for three years but most of the Chinese students her age have already learned English for 17 years. The reason is because she didn't attend public schools but went to a private schools where she studied traditional Chinese culture, math and Chinese musical instruments. Now she's studying English from me and I teach her how to write English words correctly. I usually hand out paper exercises and asks her to fill out the blank in the exercise to improve her spellings. The other day, my friend Hook asked how I helped her to remember English vocabulary, I said:

I ordered her to do some dictation and checked her spellings of words.

I don't think the sentence is natural. Could you please write me a natural version?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I have a 17-year-old student, She had learned who has been learning English for only three years, but whereas most of the Chinese students her age have already learned English for 17 studied it for around 10 years*. The reason is because she didn't attend public school s but went to a private school s where she studied traditional Chinese culture, math and Chinese musical instruments. Now she's studying English from with me, and I teach her how to write English words correctly. I usually hand out paper-based exercises and ask s her to fill out the blanks in the exercise to improve her spelling. s. The other day, my friend Hook asked how I helped her to remember English vocabulary. I said:
See above. Please always go over your own text before submitting it. That way, you can catch and correct many basic mistakes.
I ordered her to do some dictation dictated some words/sentences/phrases to her and checked her spelling. s of words.
See above.