Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Would you please check my answer?

Q: Did you take the X course and do you know about the syntax of this language?

A: Yes I did two years ago. But because I haven't had a chance to apply what I learned from that course to what I am doing. I went and signed for a 12-hour online course to refresh my memory!

But because I haven't had a chance to apply what I learned from that course to what I am doing.
What is the main verb of that sentence?

What is the main verb of that sentence?​

Now, it is 'went' and 'signed' :-D

A: Yes I did two years ago. But because I haven't had a chance to apply what I learned from that course to what I am doing, I went and signed for a 12-hour online course to refresh my memory!

Now, it is 'went' and 'signed'.:-D

A: Yes I did two years ago. But because I haven't had a chance to apply what I learned from that course to what I am doing, I went [where?] and signed up for a 12-hour online course to refresh my memory!
You're on the right track.

Remember to end every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.

A: Yes I did two years ago. But because I haven't had a chance to apply what I learned from that course to what I am doing, I went to a website and signed up for a 12-hour online course to refresh my memory!

A: Yes, I did two years ago. But because I haven't had a chance to apply what I learned from that course to what I am doing, I went to a website and signed up for a 12-hour online course to refresh my memory!
That's fine with a couple of punctuation changes. Speaking of punctuation, are you sure you want to end with an exclamation mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back