Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

My student told me that she preferred to stay home when she doesn't need to go to school because she feels cozy staying home. The place she loves is her bedroom. Then she continued to tell me what she would do when staying in her bedroom, she said:

I will close the curtain and light the candle because the flame can give me the very soft and warm light compared to those artificial lights like bulb light or neon light.

I think it's very awkward even though my version isn't much better:

I usually pull over the curtain and light the candle to immerse myself in the soft and warm vide produced by the flame.

Could you please write me a natural version?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I usually close the curtain and light a candle because I prefer the warm and soft candlelight which I find more natural compared to artificial lighting.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. Unnecessary. Just start your text!

My student told me that she preferred prefers to stay home when she doesn't need to go to on non-school days because she feels it's cozy staying home there. The place she She particularly loves is her bedroom. Then she continued to tell She then told me what she would do does when staying in her bedroom. She said:

I will close the curtain and light the candle because the flame can give me the very soft and warm light compared to those artificial lights like bulb light or neon light.

I think it's very awkward even though my version isn't much better:

I usually pull over the curtain and light the candle to immerse myself in the soft and warm vide vibe produced by the flame.

Could you please write me suggest a natural version?
Note my corrections above. There are a lot of words that were unnecessary. Try to keep your sentences short and to the point.

I'd say "I close the curtains and light a candle because I prefer the soft glow of candlelight to artificial light".