Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
I would really appreciate someone helping me by correcting the email below.

I won't be able to come to work today because I think I have corona. I don't have any symptoms yet, but my mother isn't feeling well. So I'll be waiting for the outcome of the test this afternoon. I don't want to put anyone in risk.

Please give Mr. X the file written on it Father Y on my desk so he can send it to the ministry today.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would really appreciate someone helping me by correcting the email below.

I won't be am unable to come to work today because I think it's possible I have corona Covid-19. Although I don't have any symptoms yet, but my mother, with whom I live/with whom I had recent close contact, isn't feeling well. So I'll be I'm awaiting for the outcome of the test this afternoon.* I don't want to put anyone in at risk.

Please give Mr. X the file on my desk written on it marked "Father Y" on my desk so he can send it to the ministry today.
Note my changes above. We generally call it Covid-19 or coronavirus, but not just corona.

*I'm not sure about the sequence of events here. Have you already taken the test and the result will come this afternoon, or do you plan to take a test this afternoon?

Joj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Note my changes above. We generally call it Covid-19 or coronavirus, but not just corona.

*I'm not sure about the sequence of events here. Have you already taken the test and the result will come this afternoon, or do you plan to take a test this afternoon?
I'm planning to send this email tomorrow morning after I take the test. But I wont able to take the result before 12 hours.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm planning to send this email tomorrow morning after I take the test no full stop here but I won't able to take get/receive the result before for 12 hours.
See above. That's the second time in one thread that I've had to add the apostrophe in "won't". Please don't make me do it a third time!

In that case, I'd write "I took a test this morning but the results won't be available until [time]". Obviously, the time you give will be twelve hours after you actually take the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.