Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1. Please check with your service department to see if the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
2. Please check with your service department and let us know whether we urgently need to change the break booster.

Would please tell me which one is grammatically correct?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
1a. Please check with your service department to see if the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
1b. Please check with your service department to see whether the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
2a. Please check with your service department and let us know if we urgently need to change the break booster.
2b. Please check with your service department and let us know whether we urgently need to change the break booster.

All four are grammatically correct,

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
1a. Please check with your service department to see if the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
1b. Please check with your service department to see whether the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
2a. Please check with your service department and let us know if we urgently need to change the break booster.
2b. Please check with your service department and let us know whether we urgently need to change the break booster.

All four are grammatically correct,
So are these:

3a. Please check with your service department to see if the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
3b. Please check with your service department let us know if the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
2a . Please check with your service department and let us know if we urgently need to change the break booster.

In future, when asking which of two alternative sentences is correct, change only the word/structure you are asking about.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If it was my car I might say, "Do I need to get it fixed now, or is it something that can wait?" (Why the auto mechanics need to have a sense of urgency about it is beyond me.)

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
1. Please check with your service department to see if the break booster needs to be changed urgently.
2. Please check with your service department and let us know whether we urgently need to change the break booster.

Would please tell me which one is grammatically correct?
Do you mean "break" or "brake"? They're pronounced the same but mean very different things.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Do you mean "break" or "brake"? They're pronounced the same but mean very different things.
Sorry for the typos.
It should have said "brake"

Status
Not open for further replies.