If you aspire to achieve a higher score, leveraging showmanship can aid your success

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is it correct to use "leverage" in the context of talking about "using the power of something"? Is this correct and natural? Can I make it better?

If you aspire to achieve a higher score, leveraging showmanship can aid your success. Performance is inherently intertwined with these exams.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Is it correct to use "leverage" in the context of talking about "using the power of something"?
That isn't enough context. Are you talking about an interview, or some similar test where you have to do something? I don't know how you can use showmanship in a regular written exam.

You've quoted the words "using the power of something" in your first question but you haven't used them. The quotes suggest you're asking about those specific words. If you're using them in a general sense, don't use quotes.

The usual meaning of "leverage" is to use something to your advantage, so you can use it while referring to the power of something. But I don't know what you mean by your sentence.

In your second sentence, what do you mean by "these exams"? And what do you mean by "performance is inherently intertwined"? Most people who write exams want to perform well in them.

Sometimes showmanship can help you do well.
Sometimes showmanship aids in performance.

If you provide context you might get a more detailed answer.

Last edited: