Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Should there be "and" before "thirst" and do these parts sound natural "they are beings also", "if you look at them" "disappear at all"?

"Animals like people feel pain, sadness, joy, thirst. They must not be tested to verify products and vaccines. They are beings also. If you look at them, they become fewer and fewer, and soon they will disappear at all."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Should there be "and" before "thirst"
Yes, because it's the last item in a list.
and do these parts sound natural: "they are beings also", "if you look at them" "disappear at all"?
See below.
"Animals, (just) like people, feel pain, sadness, joy, and even thirst. They must not be used in testing/experimentation tested to verify develop new (cosmetic) products and vaccines. They are beings also living beings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you look at them, they become fewer and fewer, and soon they will disappear at all."
I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you explain it using other words please?

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Yes, because it's the last item in a list.

See below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you explain it using other words please?
I meant they are becoming extinct. It can not be expressed by "If you look at them, they become fewer and fewer, and soon they will disappear at all", can it?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You are suggesting that if I look at an animal, it starts to disappear and becomes extinct. I refuse to take the blame for any species' extinction simply by looking at them! ;)
You definitely need to reword that.

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
You are suggesting that if I look at an animal, it starts to disappear and becomes extinct.

:)

I refuse to take the blame for any species' extinction simply by looking at them! ;)
You definitely need to reword that.
What about "if you check the number of some animals and compare it to their current number you will see that they are becoming extinct". I don't like this sentence, either.
I think "Some species are becoming extinct" is a better version, isn't it?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The problem is that species extinction is not the result of animal experimentation! I suggest you think of another idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.