Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
Hey! i'm writing this question because i'd like to know if using your's sincerely is alright in a friendly letter for IGCSE exercise 5 english as second language? and also is it alright to use 'hey! how are you? ' in the introduction? please get back to me as soon as possible because my exam is in 10 days, thank you so much for taking your time to read this!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey!

I
'm writing this question because I'd like to know if using "Yours sincerely" is all right in a friendly letter for IGCSE exercise 5, English as a Second Language (ESL)? [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Also, is it all right to use 'Hey! How are you?' in the introduction?

Please get back to me as soon as possible because my exam is in [STRIKE]10[/STRIKE] ten days. Thank you so much for taking [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] the time to read this!

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections above. You must capitalise the first letter of every sentence and the word "I" every time you write it.

"Yours sincerely" should be reserved for formal letters that start "Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + surname". You can use "Hey! How are you?" in an informal letter/email to a friend but I wouldn't use it anywhere else.

Please don't ask us to "get back to you as soon as possible". We are all volunteers here and we work at our speed, not yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
And, by the way, it's query, not quiry. There's no such English word as quiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.