Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I am sharing my opinion about the situation we have in my country where the knowledge of a foreign language has become a must. Not everyone is happy about that because people don't always have time for that. I am asking about the sentences D, F, G, H. The other sentences are provided for context. Are D, F, G, H correct?

A. A lot of people have to learn a foreign language to find a better job.
B. For some people it is a disaster.
C. A good salary might motivate people to work harder of course.
D. But in a perfect world we should study what we like I think.
E. I mean people are sometimes forced to learn a foreign language which isn't quite right.( A cultural shock note. Don't be suprised. It does happen here)
F. From another side of motivation we have a possibility in receiving a better job if comparing with other applicants.
G. According to my life experience we never know what skills we will need in the future.
H. So that, while you have free time, your parents support like financial, don't have children, you have to study as much as possible.

D. But in a perfect world, we should study what we like, I think.

E. I mean people are sometimes forced to learn a foreign language, which isn't quite right. (A cultural shock note. Don't be surprised. It does happen here)

F. From another side of motivation we have a possibility in receiving On the other hand, one can get a better job if comparing with than other applicants who can't speak a foreign language.

G. According to my life experience I believe we never know what skills we will need in the future.
See above.
H. So that, while you have free time, your parents support like financial, don't have children, you have to study as much as possible.
I have no idea what "H" means. Rephrase it.

See above.

I have no idea what "H" means. Rephrase it.
"So that, while you have free time, your parents support like financial, don't have children, you have to study as much as possible."

I mean so if or when you have free time because of your parents' financial support, as in you don"t have to work because they support you and don't have children who take a lot of time, you should spend your time studying.
Would the original make sense? Is "so that" wrong?

"So that, while you have free time, your parents support like financial, don't have children, you have to study as much as possible."

I mean so if or when you have free time because of your parents' financial support, as in you don"t have to work because they support you and don't have children who take a lot of time, you should spend your time studying.
Would the original make sense? Is "so that" wrong?
I think you might mean "Therefore" or "In conclusion" but "So that" doesn't work there. I probably wouldn't use anything there.

While you have free time, are being supported financially by your parents, and don't have children, you should study as much as possible.

Back