"In the northern section, a public car park was erected on the east side of the ring road, after which the former car park was turned into..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
These sentences are from my essay:
"In the northern section, a public car park was erected on the east side of the ring road, after which the former car park was turned into a staff-only one."

"In 2007, in the southern part of the road access, a north-south hospital road lined with bus stops intersected with an east-west city road near the southern end."

Are "on the east side of..." and "near the southern end" accurate and grammatical descriptions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221102-101528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102-101528_Chrome.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't think you erect a parking lot. You simply build one.

You seem to be making things more complicated than necessary. When I read something I want to be able to understand it quickly.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I agree with Tarheel. Task 1 in IELTS writing is meant to be a summary exercise. I suggest you simplify your sentences and repost them below.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
I agree with Tarheel. Task 1 in IELTS writing is meant to be a summary exercise. I suggest you simplify your sentences and repost them below.
"After a public car park was built to the east of Ring Road, the former car park was restricted to staff only."

"In 2007, Hospital Road, which ran north-south and was lined with bus stops, intersected with City Road near the southernmost part of the road access."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"After a public car park was built to the east of Ring Road, the former car park was restricted to staff only."
That's possible.
"In 2007, Hospital Road, which ran north-south and was lined with bus stops, intersected with City Road near the southern part of town." most part of the road access."

Status
Not open for further replies.