In Tom's view, efficacy is all about producing the highest number of cars with the lowest amount of money and in the lowest amount time time possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this correct and natural?

In Tom's view, efficacy is all about producing the highest number of cars with the lowest amount of money and in the lowest amount time time possible

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
In Tom's view, efficacy is all about producing the highest number of cars with the lowest amount of money and in the lowest amount time time possible
It's ungrammatical (though I daresay you may have just made a typo). Also, "lowest" is the wrong word for what I think you mean as regards time.

It's also unclear. Efficacy is a general concept and not limited to car manufacturing.

Last edited:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I don't think 'efficacy' is the right word for what Tom has in mind.

at the lowest cost
in the shortest time possible

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
"Efficiency" is possibly a better choice.

But even then there are other problems with the sentence. You can produce a large number of cars at very low cost in a very short time, but if they all continuously break down and guzzle fuel, you aren't really being efficient.

I do get what the OP wants to say but it isn't something that can be condensed in a single sentence in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.