Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please help me to draft this Letter.

Dear SIr/Madam,
Sub:Request to sanction increment on completion of graduation

With reference to the above subject I hereby inform you that I have completed my graduation in 2020 and I am eligible for two additional increments for my degree completion on my promotion to clerical cadre. Therefore I request you to sanction the increment for my graduation completion. Kindly do the needful

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

Dear SIr/Madam, (better state the name of your superior who is in charge)
Sub:Request [STRIKE]to sanction increment [/STRIKE] for Raise in Salary on [STRIKE]completion of graduation[/STRIKE] Obtaining --- (state the qualification/degree obtained)
[STRIKE]
With reference to the above subject [/STRIKE]I [STRIKE]hereby[/STRIKE] wish to inform you that I [STRIKE]have completed my graduation[/STRIKE] obtained my .....(qualification) in 2020. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] According to my employment contract (I presume), I am eligible for two [STRIKE]additiona[/STRIKE]l increments for getting my degree [STRIKE]completion[/STRIKE] on my promotion to clerical cadre (what do you mean? What position are you in now and what position do you expect to be promoted to?). Therefore I would like to request you to [STRIKE]sanction the increment for my graduation completion[/STRIKE] make a recommendation for the raise of my salary. [STRIKE]Kindly do the needful.[/STRIKE] I look forward to your kind attention to the matter. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Dear SIr/Madam,
Sub:Request to sanction increment on completion of graduation

With reference to the above subject I hereby inform you that I have completed my graduation in 2020 and I am eligible for two additional increments for my degree completion on my promotion to clerical cadre. Therefore I request you to sanction the increment for my graduation completion. Kindly do the needful

I would say:

I graduated last year (2020).

As for ask vs. request, say I am asking you to .... or I request that you .....

(I'm sure he got it right, but I don't know how Ted figured it out.)

Say:

I am asking for an increase in salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.