Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Dear teachers please help me to correct this inquiry letter
I'm xxxxx and I'm microbiologist.. I have previously met you twice . First time in the conference and second one in the meeting. If you remembered me.I'm reaching out to ask about the second meeting did you set time for it. I'm really exciting to start and do my share as a part of this great country..

xxxxx

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Dear teachers[/STRIKE] Please help me to correct this [STRIKE]inquiry[/STRIKE] letter.

Dear [name of recipient]

I'm xxxxx and I'm a microbiologist. [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] I don't know if you remember me but we have [STRIKE]previously[/STRIKE] met [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] twice, [STRIKE]First time in the[/STRIKE] once at the XXXX conference in [month/year] and [STRIKE]second one in[/STRIKE] then at the meeting on [date]. [STRIKE]If you remembered me.[/STRIKE]

I'm [STRIKE]reaching out[/STRIKE] contacting you to ask [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] if you have set a time for the second meeting. The underlined part doesn't make sense. You have already met twice so this must be your third meeting. [STRIKE]did you set time for it.[/STRIKE] I'm really [STRIKE]exciting[/STRIKE] excited to start and do my share as a part of this great country.

xxxxx

See above. The end is very odd. How exactly is going to a meeting doing your share as part of a great country?

Jamila2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank u for your response.. I mean by "the second meeting" second meeting of the organization that I want to send for its director not meant our meeting each other.. so please show me how can I write it correctly..
Thank u

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your response. I mean, by "the second meeting", a second meeting [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] with the director of the organization, [STRIKE]that I want to send for its director[/STRIKE] not [STRIKE]meant our[/STRIKE] a meeting with each other. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] Please show me how [STRIKE]can I[/STRIKE] to write it correctly.
Thank you.

I'm writing to find out if you have set the date and time for my meeting with the director yet.

Note my corrections above. Please stop putting two full stops at the end of each sentence. One is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.