Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Can I use either "is located" or "is situated" in my context and is the second "near" optional before "one of the historical districts"?

My favourite restaurant is located/is situated on Lermontov street in Tbilisi. It is in the city centre near the station and near one of the historical districts of Tbilisi. There is a very cosy atmosphere in the restaurant. It's spacious and beautiful inside. What makes it really amazing is the fact that there are musicians who perform different traditional music. It can be French, Mexican, and Italian and they wear traditional dresses so it seems as if you are in that country. It's a great feeling to be there being surrounded by different cultures. The only distantage is that it can be difficult to get a seat there, because the restaurant is very popular. I recommend this restaurant to my friends. You can always have a great time there.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Can I use either "is located" or "is situated" in my context
I prefer "located" though I wouldn't be surprised to hear "situated".

is the second "near" optional before "one of the historical districts"?
I'd retain it, if for nothing else than to avoid sounding as if the restaurant is a historical district (though that interpretation is very unlikely).

You could also say "... near both the station and one of the historical districts ..."

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I prefer "located" though I wouldn't be surprised to hear "situated".

I'd retain it, if for nothing else than to avoid sounding as if the restaurant is a historical district (though that interpretation is very unlikely).

You could also say "... near both the station and one of the historical districts ..."
Could you tell me if the rest of the text is correct?

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
It's grammatical and reasonably natural. I think it's fine for a moderately advanced learner.

I don't like your use of "amazing" but I have to admit many people use it the same way. "Amazing" means "very surprising" but many people use it to mean "fantastic" or "wonderful".

You've misspelt "disadvantage" in the third sentence from the end.

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
It's grammatical and reasonably natural. I think it's fine for a moderately advanced learner.

I don't like your use of "amazing" but I have to admit many people use it the same way. "Amazing" means "very surprising" but many people use it to mean "fantastic" or "wonderful".

You've misspelt "disadvantage" in the third sentence from the end.
Can I say it seems as if you are sitting in a restaurant in a foreign country.I mean can I use present continuous?

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Sometimes it feels as if you're in a foreign country.

If you've made it clear the setting is a restaurant, you don't need to specify "(sitting in a) restaurant" again.

Rachel Adams

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Sometimes it feels as if you're in a foreign country.

If you've made it clear the setting is a restaurant, you don't need to specify "(sitting in a) restaurant" again.
But it's not wrong grammatical, is it?

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
No, it isn't ungrammatical.