Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Someone claims that my English writing is completely Chinglish. Actually I am just a lover of English, and English is not my native tongue, so I don't know whether my English is real English. The blamed piece of my writing is as follows. Can any native speakers please help me to find out my Chinglish expressions? Thank you!

Due to the nature of my work and my preference for languages, I’ve had the privilege of making the acquaintances of some esteemed linguistic academics, including senior translators like Cai Lijian, Ye Zinan, and Luo Xuanmin. These accomplished professionals are not only approachable but also remarkably humble. If they come across an expression they are unfamiliar with, they openly acknowledge their ignorance instead of pretending to have all the answers. It is this particular quality that has earned my deep admiration for them. Despite being highly respected, they never dismiss my inquiries about translation-related questions just because I am a nobody. Needless to say, they are also very confident. Confidence is a positive attribute, whereas arrogance is a malady. Today, we will delve into a psychological condition known as the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Last edited: