Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is such pronunciation Thank you for considering me this opportunity normal/natural/acceptable/common among native English speaking people? (The audio comes from the wikipedia-English edition entry vocal fry register.)

To my ears there are some apparently unusual points in the audio:

1. -sid- in considering becomes -ds- /dz/ . That is, the vowel -i- is elided and then there is a metathesis (sounds transposition) for -s- and -d- so that it gets difficult, for non-native English speakers/learners who do not speak fluent English yet, to associate what they have heard to the word considering.

2. the preposition for, peculiarly, gains the stress while the following verb considering has no stress at all.

I'm wondering if this or such pronunciation(s) (especially about the new-created /dz/ sounds) is good or natural, or in spite of seeming unofficial or unnatural, it's pretty acceptable and common among native English speaking people?

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I don't really hear the dz sound you mentioned. To my ear the passage sounds like standard American English. I'd say it's common, correct and natural.