Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello everybody!

While looking through the instruction manual of a quick-release mooring and towing hook, I came across the following sentence:
It’s a family tradition since 1904. (it's been a family tradition since 2904 – my “correction”).

In my opinion it means that it is a family company whose tradition has existed since 1904.

What do you think?

Because the manual is not my property, I am sorry but I can't make it available to anybody.

The company itself is the tradition, and the company was founded in 1904.

So It might be possible to say that It has been a family company since 1904, mightn't It?

It might, but why have you found it necessary to capitalise 'it' three times?

I was typing on my mobile phone. It is difficult to distinguish between small and capital letters on its screen. That is why typos are born.

You have to press Shift or Caps Lock even on a mobile keyboard in order to capitalise a letter in the middle of a sentence.

So It might be possible to say that It has been a family company since 1904, mightn't It?

You could, but calling it a tradition makes it more of a calling, more special than simply running a firm.

So It might be possible to say that it has been a family company since 1904, mightn't it?
But to answer your exact question, yes, can say that. And it would be natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back