It was 7 to 8 years ago

Banks In Hong kong do not provide copies for bank statements which are over 7 years.
They do not provide copies for statements that are more than seven years old.

Do not use "over seven years".

Banks In Hong Kong do not provide copies for of bank statements which are from over 7 years ago.
See above.

It would be more natural to say "Banks in Hong Kong don't provide copies of statements from further back than 2016" or "Banks in Hong Kong provide copies of statements only from 2016 onwards".

@Winwin2011 You are making the same mistake. Emails can't be "seven years ago". They can be seven years old.

Maybe you can't find emails that are that old. I don't know.
“Emails can’t be “seven years ago”. They can be seven years old”.

Does it mean that if I say “ The email is seven hours ago” is unnatural?

I wonder why “The documents are seven years ago” is wrong if I refer to year 2016?

@Winwin2011 That's what I keep saying, but you don't want to believe me.

If you want to say that I can't stop you, but it doesn't make sense in English.
“Emails can’t be “seven years ago”. They can be seven years old”.

Does it mean that if I say “ The email is seven hours ago” is unnatural?
It doesn't make sense in English. You can say something happened seven years ago, but emails don't happen. They are not an event. You wouldn't say a person happened seven years ago. You'd say that person is seven years old.

I wonder why “The documents are seven years ago” is wrong if I refer to year 2016?
I don't know what difference it makes to refer to 2016 or any other year. In fact, that reinforces the point that it's about how old they are.

Back