Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

Jim arrived at the scene of a fatal car accident about thirty minutes after it happened and was upset by what he had seen. A red Audi was badly mangled and squeezed between a logging truck and another car. Jim couldn't understand that the Audi driver could be so careless and tried to overtake a car at the bend where he took a great risk. Unfortunately, he and his passenger had paid it with their own lives while the driver and the passengers of another car were seriously hurt.

Whenever Jim reported from such accidents, he felt bad for days. This was unnecessary loss of life and an example of human stupidity. The driver and his fellow passenger were in their early twenties and had the whole life before them, but a moment of inattention sent them into the graves. He would write his article as best as he could, hopping other young people would learn their lesson, but he also knew that a few days later he would be dispatched to another accident with the similar outcome. When you're young you believe you are invincible, he thought. You're full of energy and adrenaline and believe you can fly. Nothing and nobody can stop you until death cut your wings and you plummet to earth and never rise again.

Last edited:

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Re: Jim arrived at the scene of a car accident

I am looking at my first sentence, and I am not sure if I should say "had seen" or just "saw".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Whenever Jim reported on such accidents, he felt bad for days. This was unnecessary loss of life and an example of human stupidity. The driver and [STRIKE]his fellow[/STRIKE] passenger were in their early twenties and had their whole lives before them, but a moment of inattention sent them to an early grave. He would write his article as best as he could, hoping other young people would learn a lesson, but he also knew that a few days later he would be dispatched to another accident with a similar outcome. When you're young you believe you are invincible, he thought. You're full of energy and adrenaline and believe you can fly. Nothing and nobody can stop you until death cuts your wings and you plummet to earth and never rise again.

Yep.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I posted this one first, but something happened.
:?:

Jim arrived at the scene of a fatal car accident about thirty minutes after it happened and was upset by what he saw. A red Audi was badly mangled and squeezed between a logging truck and another car. Jim couldn't understand how the Audi driver could be so careless and try to overtake a car at the bend where he took a great risk. Unfortunately, he and his passenger had paid [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] with their [STRIKE]own[/STRIKE] lives while the driver and the passengers of the other car were seriously hurt.

Part one

Status
Not open for further replies.