Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hey guys, I can't understand the ending of this sentence here at 18:55. Link is with timestamp:
"And 90 percent of the time we get into things that are not ..."

Thank you for your help :)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hey guys,
Hello, and welcome. In future, please do not use "hey guys" (which is inappropriate for addressing members on this forum) or any greeting at all. Just ask your question.

"And 90 percent of the time we get into things that are not (of) no concern for us."
See above. That "of" is mine. And the underlined "for" should be "to".
Thank you for your help.
You're welcome. Note the full stop at the end!
Also, in future, please do not post questions about material (textual or audiovisual) like the above. I had a quick look at that video, and I cannot see how it's of any use for English language learners.

Aizantriel

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Thank you for your fast reply. I realize I used more of a chat-English.
Whenever I don't know a word I look it up to improve my vocabulary. In this case though I couldn't understand what was said at all.
How am I supposed to improve my understanding of English accents if I'm not allowed to post an audio source?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You could try posting such threads in the General Language Discussions forum. [Click here].

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
... we get into things that are no concern for us

please do not post questions about material (textual or audiovisual) like the above. I had a quick look at that video, and I cannot see how it's of any use for English language learners.

I thought that one of the points of this particular forum was for learners to post audio files in order for us to tell them what is being said. Is that not how you see it?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I said "like the above". Take a look at the video and judge for yourself. It's mostly non-verbal noise!

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The OP did include a timestamp direction to the sentence in question. We don't have to listen to the music.